Reading Challenges 2012

I have decided to challenge myself to read more this year. It's one of the main reasons that I started this book blog and I have found that lots of other bloggers out there like to challenge themselves too.

I have joined two challenges so far:

First Challenge

This is the first one that I joined and I am going to try and read 100 books in a year, I'm already behind but hopefully I can pick up the pace once I get my ereader.



 Book Chick City's
100 Books In A Year Reading Challenge 2012!

Challenge Details
Timeline: 01 Jan 2012 - 31 Dec 2012

Rules: Read 100+ books in 2012 (any genre)

You don't have to select your books ahead of time, you can just add them as you go. Also if you do list them upfront you can change them, nothing is set in stone! The books you choose can crossover into other challenges you have on the go.

You can join at anytime. All books read in 2012 count towards the challenge regardless of when you sign up.
At the beginning of Jan 2012, you will find a link to specific month to add your reviews.

Audiobooks do not count, but all other formats are accepted.

Only fiction, no non-fiction.

This challenge can crossover to other challenges.
Second Challenge

The other challenge that I joined is to read 26 books all starting with a different letter of the alphabet. I chose this one because it sounded really interesting and it might challenge me to read some things that I would not otherwise consider.

Expanding your horizons can only be a good thing.



 
Babies, Books and Signs's
A-Z Challenge 2012

 
Technical Stuff
This challenge will run from January 1st, 2012 until December 31st, 2012.

You can join anytime.

So there are two different ways you can set up your own A-Z challenge.

A - Make a list now of 26 books, picking one for each letter of the alphabet. For example: A - Atonement B- Black Beauty C - The Count of Monte Cristo D - Dances with Dragons etc.

OR

B - Make a list on your blog from A-Z. Throughout the year, as you go along, add the books you are reading to the list. Hope that by the end of the year you have read one book for each letter. Towards the end of the year, you can check and see which letters you are missing and find books to fit.

You can find out more information on each of these challenges by clicking the picture and visiting the blog sites.

Comments