Books

So I thought that I might start off by reviewing some of the books that I have read over the last few years. This way I can get started as soon as I have some time and don't have to wait until I have finished what I am reading now. If I am reading a series I will start with the first book in the series (even if it was a while ago) and perhaps make a note of the other ones I have read, this way if you are looking for something new to read you can see from the very beginning rather than half way through. I have been reading a lot of young adult stuff at the moment as I don't really have much time on my hands. These books are good because they are usually a bit shorter, also the content is usually pretty light which is nice when you just need a break.


I live in Suwon, South Korea so it is sometimes a bit hard to get English books. There are places that sell them and you can buy online but I don't have as many as I do at home with access to the library. I did have an ereader but it was a few years old and has now died. I'm looking to buy a new one but there are so many to choose from I am having trouble narrowing down which one I want. It also has to be available in either South Korea or New Zealand so I can actually purchase it.


I know there are many people out there who think ereaders are not equal to books and I could not agree more, I love having the real thing and regularly collect the ones I like even if I read them at the library. I like to think of myself as a collector. However I do think there is a place for ereaders, I love technology too and they are great for reading on the go. I like to take books with me but they are heavy and often get damaged in your handbag so to have a compact device that you can have loads of books on really appeals to me.


In conclusion I don't think that these devices will replace books but I do think they are a nice tool for an avid reader.

Comments